08 December 2008

About This Time Last Year



C punched me, twice. As much as holidays depress me, I enjoy looking back and remembering the year.

After throwing an unforgettable holiday party with my roommate (there was a champagne room), I went to Paris, where I finished school and received my B. Arch. When I returned I managed to find a job in Houston, of all places. In the past year I've grown closer with old friends and have made new ones as well.

I didn't intend for this to be a year in review sort of thing, but here are some highlights of 2008:

A
peeling avocados

B
barbacoa
tacos
Belgian for Beginners

Boom Boom Room
brisket, sometimes from Goode Co., sometimes from Lockhart, Texas

C
first camping experience
"Canadian Girl" live at Walter's
Jack in the Box Cheesy Macaroni Bites
my couch

D
Daily Intel's weekly Gossip Girl reality index
Dear Old Love

E
El Rey
my external hard drive

F
"Foolproof" by Ron Sexsmith
fresh tulips, sometimes

G
Gmail video chat
the color grey
my gym

H
a lot of hot dogs
Hypem
J. Crew cords

I
IKEA
GRÖNÖ lamps

J

K
KFC
and Gossip Girl

L
Laredo Taqueria
Last.fm

M
Mad Men
Mission Burrito

N

O

President-elect Obama

P
Patricia Waller
Pink's Pizza
the Poison Girl tamale guy

Q

R
remixes

S
the return of SNL

T
The Heights
The Wire

U

V
Subway Veggie Delite

W
the original Barnaby's Waffle Fries with Blue Cheese Fondue
Warren's Inn

X

Y
yoga class on Sunday

Z

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this post makes me want to move to houston and be your roommate.

maisie said...

me, too.