14 November 2009

Not Just Any Baby


Other people's babies are cute, sure. But your own nephew – is cute. Isaac, named after his paternal great-grandfather Ira, will be one month on Monday.

Isaac arrived early in the morning on October 16, 2009, weighing in at 6 lbs. 9 oz. According to his mother, "He already cries fluently in English, French, Flemish and Mandarin. He says he is eager to meet you all, and that the food in Belgium makes up for the weather - which is not so bad after all."

I wouldn't mind having an Obama baby myself (as in, having a baby under Obama's administration, not having a baby with the president), but in case I don't (I have seven years), I'll at least have an Obama nephew.

My sister is doing well and looks great on Skype. While it's apparent a lot has changed in my sister and brother-in-law's life, not much has changed for me since becoming an aunt (they call me Aunt Ann). Except for the wallpaper on my BlackBerry (Isaac) and an increased interest in tiny clothes. And, if in a blue funk, I am cheered up by the mere thought of the little man.

We will finally meet in December – at his paternal great-grandparents' in Boston – after his first transatlantic flight. Needless to say, I cannot wait.

No comments: