13 May 2009

Lala - Where Elvis Perkins plays

At work, because my computer has the best speakers, I am in charge of playing music. Which is hard, when one employee (your boss) likes Bob Mould, newer Bright Eyes, Journey…and another employee likes Lady Gaga ("P-p-p"), Lily Allen ("Fuck You"), and the Darjeeling Limited soundtrack, over and over again. When our iTunes libraries got stale, we tried playing a mix of stations on Pandora. Currently, I am on Lala, which I really like. From what I understand, you can listen to everything once, then, the tracks play as 30-second samples. You can download them as mp3s for cheap, or buy them to listen to exclusively on Lala for cheaper, which uses a player not unlike your iTunes setup. So I immediately "added" (bought to listen on Lala) the newest Elvis Perkins album, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, because I just can't get enough of it. In fact, that's where I'm headed very soon, to Walter's to see him live. We share the same birthday, by the way.

Will clarify what "cheap" and "cheaper" means and all that—later.

No comments: